NEW YORK, Dec 20, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- 83-hours of non-stop shopping start on Tuesday, December 21 at 7 a.m. as Macy's opens its doors and keeps 14 stores open round-the-clock until 6 p.m., December 24, Christmas Eve. A shopper's favorite for five years, Macy's 24-hour stores make the holidays merrier as the homestretch of the gift-giving season nears.
Overnight and extended hours at select city and mall stores in the New York/New Jersey metro area, greater DC and Philadelphia metro areas, as well as California, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan and Minnesota take the rush out of the season and give shoppers the flexibility to shop when they want to. With 14 stores pulling all-nighters, and nine stores offering extended hours until 2 a.m., Macy's goes the distance in delivering customer service and convenience during the holiday season.
States Ron Klein, chief stores officer, Macy's, Inc., "Shoppers have Macy's at the top of their list as the department store to go to first for holiday gifts. By being open 24 hours at 14 key city locations and extending store hours at another nine, last minute shoppers get extra time to shop and the added bonus of shorter lines, less crowds, and for those high traffic locations, the ease of parking." He adds, "Our stores are destinations in cities and malls across the country, and by reworking our schedule to fit shoppers' needs, we feel we are making the holidays less hectic and more enjoyable for both our customers and associates."
24-HOUR STORES (14)
- Macy's Herald Square, New York, NY
- Macy's at Queens Center Mall, Rego Park, NY
- Macy's at Staten Island Mall, Staten Island, NY
- Macy's at Roosevelt Field Mall, Garden City, NY
- Macy's Cross County, Yonkers, NY
- Macy's at Willowbrook Mall, NJ
- Macy's Tyson's Corner, McLean, VA
- Macy's Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Macy's Woodfield, Schaumburg, IL
- Macy's Oakland, Troy, MI
- Macy's Twelve Oaks, Novi MI
- Macy's Rosedale, Rosedale, MN
- *Macy's Oakbrook, IL
- *Macy's Orland Square, IL
(*) indicates stores that will remain open for 83-consecutive hours for the first time
2 A.M. CLOSINGS (9)
- Macy's Kings Plaza, Brooklyn, NY
- Macy's at Green Acres Mall, Valley Stream, NY
- Macy's Menlo Park Mall, Menlo Park, New Jersey
- Macy's at Newport Centre, Jersey City, New Jersey
- *Macy's Palisades, West Nyack, NY
- *Macy's Downey Stonewood Center, Downey, CA
- *Macy's Glendale Galleria, Glendale, CA
- *Macy's Northridge Fashion Center, Northridge, CA
- *Macy's South Shore Plaza, Braintree, MA
(*) indicates stores with extended hours for the first time
In 2006, Macy's Queens Center store was the first Macy's store to go 24-hours. Due to its unprecedented success, Macy's added additional store locations the following years. For the 2010 holiday season, Macy's added two new 24-hour stores in Chicago at its Oakbrook and Orland Square locations, as well as five new locations with extended store hours including Palisades Center in New York, South Shore Plaza in Massachusetts and Downey, Glendale and Northridge in California.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at more than 800 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. Macy's stores and macys.com offer distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Macy's is known for such epic events as Macy's 4th of July Fireworks(R) and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade(R), as well as spectacular fashion shows, culinary events, flower shows and celebrity appearances. Building on a 150-year tradition, Macy's helps strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities that make a difference in the lives of our customers.
For Macy's media materials, images and contacts, please visit our online pressroom at www.macys.com/pressroom.
SOURCE: Macy's, Inc.
Released December 20, 2010