Thank you for visiting the corporate website for Macy’s, Inc. ("Macy’s"). This website (www.macysinc.com) is operated by Macy’s, Inc. and provides you with the latest information on our company, including press releases, investment news and employment opportunities. The street address for Macy’s, Inc. is 7 West Seventh Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202.
Information Collected When You Visit Our Website and How We Use It
Macy’s, Inc. only collects personal information that you voluntarily submit to this site, and we use that information for the purpose for which it was submitted. The following are examples of the types of personal information that are collected and how they are used:
- If you submit a comment about us or one of our subsidiaries through our "Tell Us What You Think" form or request information through our "Information Request" form, we will use your information to review and respond to your comment or question. In doing so, we may forward the information you provide to one of our subsidiaries. For example, if you submit a comment about Bloomingdale’s, we may provide that information to Bloomingdale’s so that they may review and, as appropriate, respond to it.
- If you submit a resume for a job posted on our site, that resume will be forwarded to the appropriate subsidiary for review and response. Applications may be submitted using the "Employment Application by E-Mail" form or through the "Apply Now!" online employment application center forms available on our www.macysjobs.com website.
- If you ask to be added to Macy’s, Inc.’s email list for press releases or investor news, your name will be added to the list of people who receive such emails. However, you may opt-out of receiving those emails at any time.
- If you ask to be added to the mailing list for any of our subsidiaries (e.g., you want to receive macys.com catalogs), we will provide your information to that subsidiary, and you will be added to its marketing list. In that case, please note that your information may be shared with other Macy’s, Inc. affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes.
With the exceptions noted above, we do not use the information you submit to this site for marketing purposes, and we do not share it with any unaffiliated third parties.
- Macy’s, Inc. automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you browsed. However, that information is not used to identify and track you as an individual when you’re browsing our site.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices and the choices you have regarding the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may call our Customer Service Privacy Hotline at 888-529-2254. You also may write to the following address: Macy’s Credit and Customer Services, ATTN: Privacy Master, P.O. Box 8215, Mason, OH 45040.
Macy’s, Inc. is committed to doing its best to maintain the security of information collected on our site. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Macy’s, Inc. does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age on this website. It is Macy’s, Inc.’s policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act on each of its websites, as applicable.
This policy last was updated on May 31, 2001.