Grants from the Macy's Foundation (including the Bloomingdale's Fund of the Macy's Foundation) are focused in the categories of arts and culture, education, the environment, HIV/AIDS and women's issues.
Applications for Foundation grants are accepted only by invitation and only via our online application process. We are unable to accept applications submitted by mail, fax or email.
All organizations funded by the Macy's Foundation must have a current 501(c)(3) tax exempt status or be classified in a specific category for schools. Additionally, the organization must not be classified as a 509(a)(3) or as a private foundation.
Trustees of the Macy's Foundation meet an average of four times a year to review requests for funding.
The Macy's Foundation does not fund the following:
- Private foundations
- Fraternal organizations
- Political or advocacy groups
- Athletic teams or events
- Event sponsorships
- Nonprofit agencies operating primarily in communities where Macy's, Inc. does not do business
- Nonprofit entities not located and operating primarily in the United States
- Charities whose focus and operations are primarily international
- Religious organizations (when funding is to be used for primarily religious purposes)
- Salaries for nonprofit staffing
- Fiscal agents and other "umbrella" organizations that provide funding to nonprofits