Grants from Macy’s and/or Bloomingdale’s are focused in the categories of arts and culture, education, the environment, HIV/AIDS and women’s issues.
Other than My Macy’s District Grants, grant applications are accepted by invitation only. We are unable to accept applications submitted by mail, fax or email.
All organizations funded by a Macy’s or Bloomingdale’s grant must have a current 501(c)(3) tax exempt status or be classified in a specific category for schools. Additionally, the organization must not be classified as a 509(a)(3) or as a private foundation.
Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s do not fund the following:
- Private foundations
- Fraternal organizations
- Political or advocacy groups
- Athletic teams or events
- Nonprofit agencies operating primarily in communities where Macy’s, Inc. does not do business
- Nonprofit entities not located and operating primarily in the United States
- Charities whose focus and operations are primarily international
- Religious organizations (when funding is to be used for primarily religious purposes)
- Salaries for nonprofit staffing
- Fiscal agents and other "umbrella" organizations that provide funding to nonprofits